Coffee Shop Edition
Look - everything around the lockdown is not necessarily ideal and it can be difficult to stay self motivated when self isolating. This is however the perfect time to learn a different skill, catch up on your reading or to discover and develop a new hobby… other than running ;)
We’ve compiled a guide of our latest lockdown activities to beat the boredom and hopefully, inspire you too.
Remember to stay home and stay safe.
The VVS Team
Brands that we back
A few of our most loved brands
Four Five CBD - to take the edge off or the many other beneficial uses for CBD. Check out their array of products. Lucky you! we've got a discount code FRIENDS20
Guilt trip coffee - for when you need a caffeine kick. With free UK shipping as an added bonus
Eighty20 Brew- premium cold brew coffee in a can! Try their 3 flavours - Original, Nitro & CBD
Podcasts we love!
We're obsessed with an enticing podcast, it's such an effective and easy way to learn something new or gain a new perspective.
A few of our best:
- Wind yer neck in - A podcast with host and professional rugby player Niall Annett and guests! This week Ex-Springbok skipper , John Smit will be joining Niall- not to miss!
- How I built this- a podcast about "innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built" - very interesting
- To live & die in LA - if you enjoyed Serial, you'll love this. A true crime documentary - absolute winner
We love a good book recommendation! If you have't read one of these yet- we highly encourage you do!
Coffee Shop sounds
Who doesn't love the ambience of a coffee shop
- Our friends at Wayland's Yard have created a special Quaran-tunes playlist on spotify- give them a listen
- Noisli app - provide background sounds that help to mask annoying noises in order to keep you sane, improve your focus and boost your productivity. Our favourite one is the ambient coffee shop sounds
- Sofar Sounds are hosting a live concert every night for free, with an optional donation - listen from your living room.
Games you can play online or via Zoom
With the lockdown extended, staving off boredom remains a top priority. If the weekly pub quiz on Zoom is starting to feel a bit repetitive, here are some alternative suggestions to keep the fun going!